Configurating Sub Grid



One of the new features with CRM 2013 is the ability to quickly associate an existing record in a subgrid of another record. For example, maybe you have a set list of a particular object that you want users associating to another record. The subgrids allow you to easily search for existing records, or scroll through a list of recently touched records.

But in the case that you want users creating new records directly from the subgrid, Microsoft has made this a little bit difficult. You have to click the plus sign over the grid, then click the search icon, then scroll to the very bottom of the list to select +New button. That’s at least 3 clicks!

subgrid_img1


For some reason, Microsoft decided to use the “Add existing” functionality for the plus button, so if you wanted to “Add New”, it’s a few extra steps.

There are two ways to simplify this process, and to get around this.

1.Make the Parent field a required field on the child entity. For example, when I made Company Name required on the Contact record, when I click the plus sign on the Contacts grid on the Account form, I get a Quick Create form as opposed to the three step approach illustrated earlier:

Subgrid_img2


2. The other option is to customize the control options within the child entity’s subgrid. To do this, I downloaded and installed the Ribbon Workbench 2013 managed solution so I did not have to edit my XML directly. You can find this managed solution here: 

Once you install, when you launch the Ribbon Workbench it will ask you to select a solution you would like to work with. Select a solution that has the entity that makes up your subgrid. In our example, I made sure my solution contained Contacts.

Once it loads, now you can select the Entity you would like to adjust the subgrid for (i.e. Contacts), and then adjust the Sub Grid controls. I chose to hide both the “Add Existing” buttons. There are two of them, so I hid them both by right clicking on each button, and then selecting Hide Button. A red slash now appears through the button icon.

Subgrid_img3



I can then Publish my solution right from within this tool:



When I go to my Account form to test, I get the Quick Create form when I click on the plus sign, with the account pre populated.

Through either of these methods, you will be able to adjust the behavior from within a subgrid.

Author: https://workingwithcrm.wordpress.com/2014/03/10/working-with-sub-grid-behavior-in-crm-2013/




Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

How to Improve Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Performance

How to Add a Record Wall to a Form

Dynamics CRM Quick Tip: Creating Custom Activity Feed Posts